Tymonland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tymonland, The Veritas (Dusk)

HomeHome  Trying to better my RolePlaying I_icon13  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 57 on February 26th 2014, 3:51 pm
Sister Villages
free forum

Trying to better my RolePlaying

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Trying to better my RolePlaying Empty
PostSubject: Trying to better my RolePlaying   Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1May 3rd 2009, 7:17 pm

What is role playing?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Trying to better my RolePlaying   Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1May 3rd 2009, 7:44 pm

Here's my definition towards Role-Playing:

Role-Playing, or RP as many of us calls it, is basically an storyline of mainly anything that you can think of by using your imagination and such. This is the most common question roleplayers get asked by non-roleplayers, and roleplayers alike: What is roleplaying all about? The problem is, it's not easy to explain the concept of roleplaying to someone who has never tried it. However, if you're looking for a brief description, how about:

Have you ever read a book or seen a film, where a character did something really silly, really stupid, and you thought, "No! Don't do that! You do *this* and..." or "If it were me, this is what I'd be doing in that situation..."

In a roleplaying, it *is* you. In many ways, roleplaying is very much like improvisational acting, but it's also a game where you have fun with your friends, and interact with them in a real social setting. It is quite ideal for everyone who would like to try your hand at acting as a hobby, but can't be bothered with learning scripts and all the other tools that go along with acting.

In short, it's basically you making up your own storyline and actions for your character. Regardless if they're fact or fiction and if the storyline follows up with the character or not.

This is just my definition though since many others got their own way towards what role-playing (Rping) really means.
Back to top Go down
Sho

Sho

Village of Residence : Village Hidden In The Dusk
Cool Points (LOL) : 0
Kekkei Genkai : Koubagan

Character sheet
Character Race:
Character Info (Highlight):

PostSubject: Re: Trying to better my RolePlaying   Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1May 3rd 2009, 9:36 pm

show me a little role-play
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Trying to better my RolePlaying   Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1May 3rd 2009, 9:38 pm

To me Roleplaying is basically like improv acting, only you act as you would when writing a story. Like a live book, constantly being written, with each person playing a certain character. I tend to think of it in terms of playing the role of the character you make, completely with text and some visual aid in the form of pictures.

Roleplaying itself comes in many forms, from script format which involves the typical:
*I stand in a field* Bring it!

To the more complex way of:
Standing in an empty field, Lucius speaks. "Bring it!"

Roleplaying comes in many varieties, but key concepts to include as you do roleplay are detail, literacy, and most importantly, CREATIVITY.

Hopefully that explains something .-.
Back to top Go down
Unknown

Unknown

Village of Residence : Village Lost in the Depths
Kekkei Genkai : Psychic control/Distortion, Materialization , and 'Eye'

Character sheet
Character Race:

PostSubject: Re: Trying to better my RolePlaying   Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1May 3rd 2009, 9:39 pm

I'll offer lessons ^-^ who need's them...and trust me I have the patience...
Back to top Go down
The trev

The trev

Village of Residence : Village Hidden In The Dusk
Hobbies / Interests : living my life like it's golden
Kekkei Genkai : interdementia

Character sheet
Character Race:

PostSubject: Re: Trying to better my RolePlaying   Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1May 3rd 2009, 9:42 pm

i'll do it just becuase i can always get better
Back to top Go down
Unknown

Unknown

Village of Residence : Village Lost in the Depths
Kekkei Genkai : Psychic control/Distortion, Materialization , and 'Eye'

Character sheet
Character Race:

PostSubject: Re: Trying to better my RolePlaying   Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1May 3rd 2009, 9:45 pm

for anyone that needs lesssons from meh...just make a topic...like

RP crash course with Unknown

...........or something...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to better my RolePlaying   Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Trying to better my RolePlaying
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tymonland :: Depthsroot :: The Academy-
Jump to: